Digital license 'Student'
WELCOME TO THE MODULE
‘PRIVACY & SECURITY - YOUR START AS A STUDENT’
Indeed, welcome! You are about to start your life as a student. Terrific! You will be faced with a lot of new experiences in the period ahead. New people, new knowledge, a new environment and new rules, all of which will clamour for your attention, as does privacy and security. Or let’s just call it ‘privacy and information security’ from now on, OK?
That might not yet sound all that exciting, but pay close attention. You will be confronted with all kinds of information during your studies. Personal data, research reports, sensitive information and a whooooole lot of visual material. The handling of that information is subject to certain rules. You will learn these in this online module.
And why is a group of people pictured in the opening photo of this module, if it is about digital and other kinds of information? Exactly! Because this module actually relates specifically to people. So it relates to you and the way in which you, your fellow students and all employees deal with information. This is because human beings are both the weakest and the strongest link in this area...
Goal of this module
After completing this module, you will know:
- how you can ensure the secure handling of information/personal information during your studies
- what you must do to ensure that all of your devices are optimally secured
- who you can contact if you run into problems, or if you simply have questions about privacy or the protection of information.
Structure of this module
In this module, you will follow the path taken by every other student from the moment of enrolment up until the first few weeks of the study programme. We will show you how you can handle information in a secure manner and what your rights are (including as regards privacy), as well as the obligations you have to guarantee the secure handling of information, one step at a time. For this purpose, you will complete the following steps in this module:
- Step 0: a general introduction to privacy and security
- Step 1: after you have registered for your study programme
- Step 2: your preparation for the first day of your study programme
- Step 3: the initial phase of your study programme
Each step begins with a short self-test; this will quickly reveal what you already know about a particular subject. After this self-test, you will in each case go through one or two pages, where you will find all the required information about a specific step.
The module concludes with two case studies, in which we will go deeper into commonly occurring situations, so you are not only aware of our rules, but are also in a position to help other students who are unsure what action to take.
Duration of this module
It takes approximately one hour to complete this module.
If you have any questions while you are doing or after completing this module, please contact [contact details].
We wish you the best of luck with your studies!
Het arrangement Digital license 'Student' is gemaakt met Wikiwijs van Kennisnet. Wikiwijs is hét onderwijsplatform waar je leermiddelen zoekt, maakt en deelt.
- Laatst gewijzigd
- 2020-12-07 13:14:23
Dit lesmateriaal is gepubliceerd onder de Creative Commons Naamsvermelding 4.0 Internationale licentie. Dit houdt in dat je onder de voorwaarde van naamsvermelding vrij bent om:
- het werk te delen - te kopiëren, te verspreiden en door te geven via elk medium of bestandsformaat
- het werk te bewerken - te remixen, te veranderen en afgeleide werken te maken
- voor alle doeleinden, inclusief commerciële doeleinden.
Meer informatie over de CC Naamsvermelding 4.0 Internationale licentie.
Aanvullende informatie over dit lesmateriaal
Van dit lesmateriaal is de volgende aanvullende informatie beschikbaar:
- 4 uur en 0 minuten